This section is for owners or developers who desire to connect to new or upgraded facilities to Hannibal's utility system. Connections fees and other necessary steps for obtaining permanent services are also included.
Connection fees are required for:
Water Taps and Sewer Taps
Please contact the business office for current rates at (573) 221-8050.
How to Establish Service
New customers must complete a Utility Service Application in person at the main utility billing office located at 3 Industrial Loop Drive.
New structures or updates are required to satisfy all inspection requirements before permanent service is connected to any facility.
Utility Deposit Information
Utility Deposits are required for the following:
- Commercial or Residential accounts who rent, lease, or purchase on contract.
- All commercial accounts with an average monthly utility cost of $1,500.00 or more.
- The Hannibal Board of Public Works reserves the right to require a utility deposit from any account holder with a less than excellent credit history.
Utility Deposit Fees:
- Residential - $200.00 minimum or two (2) times the average bill, whichever is more, with a maximum of $400.00 for electric, water, and sewer services.
- Commercial - $400.00 minimum or two (2) times the average bill, whichever is more.
All averages are calculated using 12 months of consumption during a period the property was occupied. If the history is not available a comparable property can be used.
Utility deposits can be made in cash, check, or credit / debit card.
Surety Bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit will also be accepted for utility deposit.
All deposits must be paid in full prior to service connection. The deposit is security for final billing and cannot be applied to delinquent accounts in lieu of payment.
Click HERE to download a complete guide for property owners and developers.